- The quest for entities of the Babylonian Talmud is going well. The working spreadsheet contains over 600 units (which is thrice as many as in the published version 001) and covers both angels and demons. As previously stated, I hope to upload the version 002 in June.
- I have discerned two new classes of entities: monsters and gods. These, however, need some more polishing so I am a bit hesitant about publishing them in version 002 and plan to include them in version 003.
- I have prepared a simplified and (hopefully) functional feedback form. Just go to the appropriate tab in the main menu above.
- Meet BaalPeor (above, to the right) - since I am not always here, he is going to be your host 24/7. Just do not mind his manners: apart from the knack for exposing his posteriors he is a wonderful person.
23 March 2017
Just a quick update about the state of things.
11 February 2017
...and welcome to the Elyonim veTachtonim project web site. As of today the first version of the database is finally available on-line and:
- covers the Babylonian Talmud [BT];
- bases on the Soncino Babylonian Talmud (English) and Wikitext Talmud Bavli (Hebrew, Aramaic);
- distinguishes between three classes of entities: angels [ang], demons [dem] and ghosts [gho];
- (more or less) all the units involving dem of the BT are done; these with ang and gho are still in the stub form;
- distinguishes between six genres: biblical anecdote [bib], rabbinic anecdote [rab], cultic protocol [cult], pragmatic advice [prag], proverb [prov] and statement [stat];
- recognizes a number of entities and topics;
- covers all the attitude types.
Currently the following tasks are pending:
- covering the remaining corpuses of the early rabbinic literature [ERL];
- revising and cleaning up the database;
- supplementing the angels and ghosts of the BT;
- adding new topics;
- adding new themes: personage.
Estimated date of the publication of the next version: June 2017.